I’ve been writing a lot of gloomy articles lately, so I thought it might be a good idea to do something different. I decided it would be good to jot down 31 different reasons that your business will succeed. A little more light hearted, don’t you think?
Light hearted or not, though, most entrepreneurs will agree that these reasons can be more than just funny. They can be a way of life.
Disclaimer: these are written from the point of view of a self-centered and egotistical entrepreneur. If you aren’t one of those, you have to realize that us entrepreneurs really are crazy. If you are an entrepreneur, you’ll understand that all of these reasons are 100% true.
Now that we’ve gotten that over with, here’s why your business will be a smashing success:
- You’re cocky and full of yourself But that’s good, because most people are afraid to run a business.
- If this business fails, your next one won’t Perpetual optimism, the gift of the entrepreneur.
- You take way too many risks Most people like stability—not us entrepreneurs, we take the risks and reap the rewards.
- In fact, you’re a fool for even trying this At least, that’s what people tell me. I usually do it anyway, and it usually works well.
- Did I mention you’re stubborn Which is also one reason you’ll succeed. People who follow the grain never stand out.
- And you really don’t like giving up Unless you have an idea that’s better…
The Other Guys
- 9 out of 10 businesses fail within 2 years The competition is dropping like flies.
- Most people give up when it gets too hard Not you though, no sir.
- You have a small business already Most people don’t have the guts to try.
- You like to win, don’t you? Most people don’t really mind losing.
- And you’re willing to do whatever it takes You definitely mind losing.
- Most people are like sailboats… ...floating wherever the wind takes them. You’re more like a jet boat, stubbornly speeding in the direction you know leads to prosperity.
- A lot of people are scared of technology But if you’re reading this, you probably embrace it.
- You probably love technology a bit too much Did you wait in line for an iPhone? it’s for business, after all.
- Or at least you pay someone who loves technology It’s ok, not everyone grew up with computers.
- Technology is new, new is the future And boy do you like thinking about the future…
- Most people are afraid of money People are afraid of a lot aren’t they?
- Not you, you love money Spending, making, rearranging, moving, investing.
- You like to spend a lot of money But everyone knows that you have to spend money to make money.
- Which is why you need to succeed in business Maybe that’s why you’re so determined…
Ambition and Imagination
- You like to think really far ahead. Too far ahead, to things you can’t have (that car and house). But that means you’re predicting the future, which is a very powerful trait.
- You have a mess of papers all over your desk It’s ok, they aren’t important. What’s important is that you keep focused on that new idea you just had.
- Some people say you aren’t productive But they don’t have a plan to be the next Bill Gates, do they.
- People accuse you of being a dreamer They simply don’t understand the value of a good vision.
- You’re goals are unrealistic That’s not true. All you have to do is get 2500 customers within the next month, with a profit margin of 19%, and in two years…
- Most people don’t even set goals Can you believe that?
Learning and Education
- Most people don’t even read But here you are, reading.
- Most people do well in school You were busy thinking about more important things.
- But…I actually did do well in school See, that shows you have work ethic.
- You’re very curious, aren’t you Curiosity leads to learning which leads to success.
- Most people stop learning after school That’s not very smart, is it?
- You’re not most people Learning is second nature to you.
I know, I know. All of these reasons actually focus on you, not your business. That’s because at the end of the day you’re the one who makes the difference between your business succeeding or failing. It’s true.
Did you enjoy this list? Take a moment to share it with others.